To ensure that everyone who arrives for our worship service receive a friendly welcome as they join us for fellowship after the service. To serve our church family cheerfully and respectfully in love.
Our vision for this ministry is to create an environment where new people feel welcomed and accepted. Through the simple provision of a drink (eg. tea and coffee) and some finger foods (eg. biscuits and cakes) we are encouraging people to stay behind after a service and connect with other people in a relaxed environment. In addition to this, a smiling face or friendly greeting at the tea and coffee counter can relax a person who is feeling stressed and in need of God’s love.
POSITION: Supper Ministry Leader
REPORTS TO: Office/ Admin Manager
PURPOSE: To lead the Church Supper Ministry and the teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Communicate the purpose and vision of the Supper Ministry to the Team Leaders and members.
- Rostering the volunteers on Elvanto.
- Encourage the team leaders to co-ordinate and motivate their team to serve cheerfully.
- Train and motivate the new volunteers.
- Ensure the teams are following the Food Safety Regulations.
- Look for creative ways to show hospitality to the church congregation.
- Complete the Annual ministry start-up checklist at the beginning of year to make sure you have completed risk management and are ready to run for the year.
- Each term our ministry leaders meet with a mentor whose goal is to encourage, support, give over sight and above all pray for the leaders and ministry.
- Complete the Incident report form when accidents or incidents happen.
“Hospitality is love in action.”
Hebrews 13:2 says: Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.