School Scripture (primary school age children)
Our vision for this ministry is to make God’s good news known to children, young people and families in our local public schools and to encourage people of all ages to meet God through the Bible and prayer so that they may:
• come to personal faith in our Lord Jesus Christ,
• grow in Christian maturity, and
• become both committed church members and servants of a world in need.
POSITION: Scripture Ministry Leader
REPORTS TO: Children’s Pastor
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Order scripture student books and teacher manuals annually.
- Book scripture teachers into annual School scripture conference.
- Organise annual scripture teacher get together.
- Meet with Children’s Pastor periodically to evaluate school scripture.
- Check scripture teacher’s accreditation annually.
- Most of these responsibilities are completed at the start of school year.
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it