To help facilitate people to grow in prayer.
Our vision is to be a church of prayer. That through a variety of prayer opportunities the people may both learn to pray and be prayed for.
POSITION: Prayer Ministry Leader
REPORTS TO: Discipleship Pastor
PURPOSE: To oversee the Prayer Ministries : Prayer Chain, Monthly Intercessors, pre-service prayer times, monthly prayer gatherings, early morning prayer, women’s prayer meeting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Communicate the purpose and vision of the LIFE Group Ministry to Team Leaders and the church congregation.
- To Train and equip a group of facilitators to lead our groups.
- Develop goals for the years ministry in line with our 20/20 vision.
- To be encouraging our facilitators to keep goals at forefront of ministry.
- To meet up with facilitators once a term to mentor them.
- To Work with our current prayer ministries and help them to be the best they can be. ( Intercessory team, Am and Pm before service, prayer chain, Monthly prayer meeting, Monday mornings)
- Build and train a prayer team for both morning and evening congregations (post service prayer needs).
- Build more awareness of prayer ministries.
- Work with all ministries of the church to encourage prayer.
- Each term our ministry leaders meet with a mentor whose goal is to encourage, support, give over sight and above all pray for the leaders and ministry.
- Complete the Annual ministry start-up checklist at the beginning of year to make sure you have completed risk management and are ready to run for the year.
- Complete the Incident report form when accidents or incidents happen.
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thess 5:16–18