To help facilitate people in groups to grow into spiritual maturity.
Our vision is for 70% of the church adult attenders to be involved in small groups were they can grow and develop into spiritual maturity. These small LIFE groups are characterised by Love, Involvement, Fellowship, Evangelism.
POSITION: LIFE Group Ministry Leader
REPORTS TO: Discipleship Pastor
PURPOSE: To oversee the LIFE Group Ministry and the teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Communicate the purpose and vision of the LIFE Group Ministry to Team Leaders and the church congregation.
- To Train and equip a group of facilitators to lead our groups.
- To meet with Discipleship Pastor once a month for mentoring and encouragement.
- Develop goals for the years ministry in line with our 2020 vision.
- To be encouraging our facilitators to keep goals at forefront of ministry.
- To be planning the studies ahead of time and organising material.
- To meet up with facilitators once a term to mentor them.
- To recognise and train new leaders for Life groups.
- To be involved in developing a training course for new and old leaders.
- Complete the Annual ministry start-up checklist at the beginning of year to make sure you have completed risk management and are ready to run for the year.
- Each term our ministry leaders meet with a mentor whose goal is to encourage, support, give over sight and above all pray for the leaders and ministry.
- Complete the Incident report form when accidents or incidents happen.
They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. Acts 2:46-47