For the purposes of simplicity the abbreviation TBC will be understood to mean Toongabbie Baptist Church. Elvanto is the digital database referred throughout the policy.
TBC publisher of toongabbiebaptist.org.au online, abides by Australia’s National Privacy Principles and is committed to respecting your right to privacy and your right to control the accuracy of your private/sensitive information.
Sensitive information is information that identifies an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information. TBC does not collect sensitive information about you unless you specifically choose to volunteer it to us.
How do we collect your information?
We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means, and we take steps to safeguard this information. We collect private information about you or your family members if:
- You attend a TBC event/church service and provide us with your private information.
- You contribute financially to support the ministry of TBC.
- You provide necessary private information for children (under 18 years) who attend an event/church service.
- We collect private information directly from you, however there are circumstances where children (under 18) connected with our youth ministry may provide us with parental information.
- Personal information about former members will be archived.
How do we protect your information?
- We protect your personal detail stored on a digital database, through encryption, firewalls, secure buildings and computer security systems.
- We never share information about you with any other organisation.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is relevant, not excessive, accurate, complete and up-to-date. Each time we contact you we will give you an opportunity to correct or update details.
- Elvanto secures data with the latest technology on its servers and has strong password protection on its servers and for users. See Elvanto security specifications on tb.elvanto.com.au website for more detail.
How your private information is used and disclosed
Your information is maintained on a digital database (Elvanto). If you have a personal login to TBC Elvanto database you will have the ability to control your communication settings. (Please note a follow up call may be made by TBC staff to validate your decision.) Elvanto allows graded privacy levels:
- Level 1 – TBC Elvanto registered users: name, address, e-mail, phone numbers and photo.
- Level 2 – TBC Ministry Leaders:
- Level 2 – TBC staff: complete access to all information you provided about yourself or your family members.
- If we have your email address and you are registered on Elvanto as an attender of TBC we will send our weekly e-newsletters. (You can always opt out of these).
- You may receive written communication from the church office.
- You may receive email communication promoting event/church information.
In addition, TBC may, from time to time publish a hard copy church directory after obtaining your consent. The directory includes the family name; the primary contact (First) name; spouse name (if any); family contact telephone number; family home address; e-mail address of primary contact; children’s’ names (if any). If you do not want your contact details printed in a hard copy directory, please advise the church office.
How do you view information we have about you or your family members?
If your private information is held on the TBC’s digital database (Elvanto) you may request access to your personal information. We encourage you to contact our office if you have any concerns about the personal information we hold about you. If we are holding your personal information and you are entitled to a login to TBC Elvanto database. To obtain a login please contact Church Office.
How to opt out of your information being stored or receiving communication.
You have the right to opt out of individually addressed promotional mailings/emails. If you do not wish to receive further communication from TBC you can:
- Phone us on (02) 9636 5050 and ask for the Privacy Officer
- Write to us at: Privacy Officer, Toongabbie Baptist Church, 180 Toongabbie Road, Girraween NSW 2145
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (You will need to give sufficient information for us to identify you, for example, your name and address.)
How to update your personal information
To simply update your details you can:
- Ring us on (02) 9636 5050; Monday or Friday 10.00 am to 3:00 pm EST;
- Write to us at, Toongabbie Baptist Church, 180 Toongabbie Road, Girraween NSW 2145.
If your personal information is held on Elvanto and you have a login to Elvanto, you have the right to maintain the information held about you at any time. If you ring or write to us you will need to give us sufficient information so that we can identify who you are.
Please include a daytime telephone number where we can contact you. We will get back to you within five working days.
The Privacy Officer
Toongabbie Baptist Church,
180 Toongabbie Road,
Girraween NSW 2145
Please do not contact us by email to make a specific complaint, as it is insecure.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can refer it to the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218,
SYDNEY NSW 2001,
1300 363 992
(9.00am – 5.00pm EST Monday to Friday) (for the cost of a local call anywhere in Australia)
Please note: Complaints should be made in writing to the Federal Privacy Commissioner at the above address. If you need help to make a complaint, you can phone the hotline for assistance.