Creating Safe Spaces Training is required training for all those in ministry in our Church that reaches out to Children, Youth, and other vulnerable people. It needs to be completed every 3 years.
Who is it for?
If you are a pastor, elder, deacon (policy decision maker), a ministry leader, a children’s/youth team member or leader, SRE teacher or minister to any vulnerable people, you are required to attend a Safe Church Training course such as this. Basically, if you are involved in many of the ministries of our Church, then you should be there. If in doubt, talk with Fiona, Chris, or David.
What is it?
The workshop is intended to provide you training on Safe Church principles and practices. This workshop will cover:
• Duty of care, positional power, transparency and accountability
• Protecting vulnerable people including children at risk of harm – definitions, indicators and response procedures
• Information about training, recruiting and supervising leaders
Why does it need to be done?
Loving and caring for people with Christ’s love is what we are called to do as disciples. But with increasing Government legislation and Insurance requirements, it means that this training isn’t just essential as loving disciples, but is also a requirement.
Unfortunately if people are unable to complete this training within a reasonable amount of time, then they will need to stand down from ministry until the training is completed.
What do I need to do?
There are 2 components to the training:
1) Online Module – MUST be completed BEFORE you attend the Workshop. The online module can be accessed here.
2) Workshop @ TBC – It is on 9:30am – 12:30pm on Saturday 27th of July. The cost for the Face-to-Face workshop is $25 payable by CASH on the day (Note: the total cost for the training is $35 for both the online module and workshop).