Creating Safe Spaces Training is not optional, but is a requirement for almost anyone in ministry within our Church. It needs to be completed every 3 years.
Who is it for?
If you are a pastor, elder, deacon (policy decision maker), a ministry leader, a children’s/youth team member or leader, SRE teacher or minister to any vulnerable people, you are required to attend a Safe Church Training course such as this. Basically, if you are involved in almost any ministry in our Church, then you should be there. If in doubt, talk with Fiona, Chris, or David.
What is it?
The workshop is intended to provide you training on Safe Church principles and practices. This workshop will cover:
• Duty of care, positional power, transparency and accountability
• Protecting vulnerable people including children at risk of harm – definitions, indicators and response procedures
• Information about training, recruiting and supervising leaders
Why does it need to be done?
Loving and caring for people with Christ’s love is what we are called to do as disciples. But with increasing Government legislation and Insurance requirements, it means that this training isn’t just essential as loving disciples, but is also a legal requirement.
Unfortunately if people are unable to complete this training within a reasonable amount of time, then they will need to stand down from ministry until the training is completed.
What do I need to do?
There are 2 components to the training:
1) Online Module – MUST be completed BEFORE you attend the Workshop. The online module can be accessed here.
2) Workshop @ TBC – It is on 9:30am – 12:30pm on Saturday 27th of July. The cost for the Face-to-Face workshop is $25 payable by CASH on the day (Note: the total cost for the training is $35 for both the online module and workshop).How do I sign up?
Contact Fiona or Chris to sign up to the training day at TBC, and then complete the online training, BEFORE the training day, as per the link above. Call Church office if you have any questions 0296365050.